Tuesday, January 13, 2009

There are only 37 Women Who Ride Motorcycles?

Okay, I have sent out numerous e-mails, I have posted my request on several websites and have contacted several motorcycle groups about helping me spread the word about the book I am putting together. The book is filled with quotes from women on why they decided to start riding motorcycles. And I have to say to my complete surprise that there are only 37 women in the entire United States that ride motorcycles! Shocking isn't it? I could have sworn there were more than that. Well, maybe there are more they just don't want to let the world know why they started riding motorcycles. Maybe they are just shy...well...if you are a woman on a motorcycle you better get used to people looking at you. See...there are still a lot more men riding out there than women so its still a surprise when people see a motorcycle go by and there is a woman on the back of it.

Now my goal was to get 100 quotes from women on why they started riding, and my time is running out. I need all of the stories in by the end of January so the book will be available by the Spring. Now maybe you might feel like you don't have a good story...every story is good...because its yours. We all have different reasons...that's what makes it special. And I know you have time to write...it's wintertime...most of us are not out there riding in this cold weather. But I have to say that I have met several women who brave the cold climate and ride anyway.

So ladies, I ask you again, send in your stories...help me spread the word...don't let the other women riders down. Lets get together and finally let the world know why we ride. Its your time...its our time!

Send me your story, a paragraph 10 to 20 sentences long, to Tami@DivaCustoms.com. At the end of your story give me authorization to publish it, I have to ask for copyright reasons.

Thanks for helping me prove that there are more than 37 women who ride motorcyles!

Tami Walker
Diva Customs
www.DivaCustoms.com



No comments:

Post a Comment